Hands-on Training and Open Labs
A valid WildCARD is required to access Evanston and Chicago training locations.
You can travel to our training locations via the NU Shuttle.
Tarry Research and Education Building
300 E. Superior
1st floor, Room 1-730/1-731
- From E. Superior St., enter the Searle Building, turn left and cross the atrium. Classrooms will be in front of you.
- From Chicago Ave. near the shuttle stop, enter through the Ward building, walk down the long corridor to the atrium. Classrooms will be on your right.
See Chicago general map below
All University Library FFRA classes and Open Labs have moved to the Seeley G. Mudd Library.
- Take the elevator to Floor 2.
- Suite 205 is next to the elevators, opposite the windows.
Seeley G. Mudd Library
2233 Tech Drive, 2nd Floor, Room 216
- From Sheridan Road, enter the Technological Institute, turn left, then right, and walk down through "Wing E Chemistry & Biological Engineering" to the glass walkway connecting to Mudd.
- From Campus Drive (behind Tech), walk up the steps from the service road.
- Parking is available in the garage next to SPAC.
- Once in the library entrance, walk straight ahead, past the glass-enclosed study room. Turn right at the grey column and walk through the "213 Photocopy Room" (next to the restrooms.)
Phone: 847-491-HELP (1-4357)