Online Voucher at Fiscal Year End
- Fiscal Year End involves having TWO budget years open at the same time, beginning on September 1st.
- It is important to enter transactions into the correct budget year.
- Use the Accounting Date field to facilitate entering an Online Voucher in the correct budget year.
Step 1: Enter the Online Voucher
- Entry remains the same except for the addition of the Accounting Date field. (Accounting Date field is only edited when two fiscal years are open for transaction entry.)
Step 2: Review and change the Accounting Date as needed
- Determine the budget year in which the expense was incurred and select the corresponding Accounting Date;
- For the previous Fiscal Year (ending 8/31), select a date of 8/31 (or earlier).
- For the new Fiscal Year (beginning 9/1), select a date of 9/1 (or later).
Step 3: Complete the Online Voucher and Check Budget
- Click Save & Bud Chk after you have successfully saved the transaction with the correct accounting date.
- When the online voucher is successfully budget checked, the Accounting Date field is inactivated (grayed out) and not editable.
Step 4: Submit
- Click Save & Submit after you have a Valid Budget Checking Status.
Step 5: Approvals
- For fiscal year end, approvers will not have the option to change the Accounting Date.
- If it is determined that the Accounting Date is incorrect on a voucher that has already passed budget checking, call Accounts Payable (1-7339) to request a manual deletion of the voucher (this will remove the expense from the chart string budget).
- Reminder: If an Online Voucher is deleted, you can create a new one to pay the expense.
- Deleted vouchers are automatically removed from an Approvers inbox on a weekly basis.