Enter Receipts Using Manage Requisitions
Here are the steps to enter receipts using Manage Requisitions. To enter receipts for changed orders or rolled purchase orders, you cannot use Manage Requisitions. Please use Add/Update Receipts at NUFinancials > Purchasing > Receipts > Add/Update Receipts.
Why is receiving performed?
Receiving is part of the three-way match process between the voucher (invoice), the purchase order, and receipt that is required to authorize payment of non-catalog orders. Receiving helps the University pay for only those goods and services that were provided to your department as ordered.
When are receipts required?
Enter receipts at the time goods or services are provided to your department.
Which purchase orders require receipts?
Non-catalog purchase orders with requisition totals of $500 or more require receipts.
You do not need to enter receipts for:
- iBuyNU orders
- Non-catalog orders with requisition totals less than $500. (Receipts are considered optional for these orders. However, only a two-way match process is applied. A payment will be triggered after the purchase order and voucher are matched, whether or not a receipt is entered.)
Enter a receipt based on quantity
Navigation: Access NUPortal > Financial > System Login > NUFinancials. In NUFinancials, access eProcurement > Manage Requisitions. There is currently no portal shortcut to Manage Requisitions.
Search for requisition
- In the Date From field, delete the default date to expand the date range of your search.
- In Request Status, select PO(s) Dispatched. (Note: Receiving is initially performed on requisitions with request status PO(s) Dispatched. If a requisition has already been partially received, select Partially Received to find the requisition).
- Click Search.
You can also search for requisitions using the search criteria described below:
Ensure NWUNV, the default value, is selected.
Search for specific requisition by Requisition ID number beginning REQ , if available.
Date From / Date To
Search for requisitions by manipulating the date range. The default date range is the last 7 days.
Search using your Requester NetID. By default, the Requester NetID is based on your NetID when you log in. You must capitalize the letters of your Requester NetID. You can also enter other Requester NetIDs to find requisitions other than your own.
Search by user-defined requisition name. Use to search for a portion of the name, if known.
Search for the user who created the requisition, if different.
Search by budget check status Error, Not Checked, or Valid.
Search by Purchase Order ID number, if available. This is the PUR#.
Select requisition and go to receive options
- A list of requisitions appears. Locate the requisition you wish to receive, and click the Select Action drop-down arrow.
- Click Receive Order.
- Click Go.
Select line items
- The Receive Items screen appears, containing each line item of the requisition. Click the checkbox next to the line you need to receive.
- If all the items are from the same vendor, you can click Check All. Check All selects all items at-once, if they are from the same vendor. (The example below shows two different vendors.)
- If lines are from different vendors, you must select lines using the checkbox and enter receipts for each item, one at-a-time.
- Select only those lines for which you plan to enter/save receipts.
- Click Receive Selected.
Confirm or enter quantity and save
- Receipt lines appear for the line item(s) you previously selected.
In Received Quantity, enter the actual quantity shipped or provided, if different than the default number shown.
- For example, if you ordered 20 t-shirts but 10 t-shirts were shipped, you would type 10.
- However, if all 20 t-shirts arrived in acceptable condition, you need only save the receipt.
- Click Save Receipt. The receipt is entered in NUFinancials for the quantity or quantities you indicated.
Note: Enter receipts for merchandise that is in acceptable condition.
Note: Do not use the Reject Shipment link (not shown). If merchandise is not in acceptable condition, contact the vendor for a return/exchange.
A confirmation message appears containing the receipt ID number.
To go back to Manage Requisitions to enter receipts for additional line items, if needed, click Return to Manage Requisitions.
Repeat steps 1-10 to find the requisition and enter a receipt for any remaining line items from the shipment.
- To search for requisitions that have remaining lines and quantities to receive, you can search by the Request Status of Partially Received.
- When all lines of the requisition are fully received, the requisitions Request Status is Received.
Enter a receipt based on amount
You enter the receipt based on an amount for amount-only or special requisitions including blankets, grant subcontracts, and received by dollar amount requisitions. The following example is a blanket requisition for a total of $600 dollars for the fiscal year.
Steps 1-8 are identical to those shown for entering a receipt based on quantity. The big difference is that you see a Received Amount field instead of a Received Quantity field.
- In Received Amount , enter the actual quantity delivered / invoiced for the line item, if different than the default value:
In this example, if the original total price is $600, the default value of the Received Amount is $600. If you are invoiced for $50 dollars of water service, type $50.
- Enter the actual amount of the invoiced service do not perform addition or subtraction.
- You cannot enter a greater amount than the default value.
- Click Save Receipt. A receipt for the amount you entered is created in NUFinancials.
- For each subsequent delivery or provision of service, repeat the steps in this guide to enter a new receipt. You will have multiple receipts for the purchase order.
- If only one installment or provision of the service is needed, just enter the one receipt.
The receipt ID number is shown in the confirmation message.
After you enter at least one receipt for a partial amount of a line, the requisitions request status changes from PO(s) Dispatched to Partially Received.
- If there is a remaining amount to receive for at least one line of the requisition, the status is Partially Received.
- When all lines and amounts are received, the requisitions status is Received.
After you have finished entering all receipts for services provided, the amount-only purchase order may have a remaining balance encumbered.
Amount-only orders with remaining balances stay open/active until you indicate that they need to be closed.
To close an amount-only order, you should request to close the PO using the Purchase Order Change Request in NUFinancials.
How can you find a list of outstanding orders that need to be received?
If you have Cognos access, you can obtain a report of purchases that need a receipt based on the Ship To location:
- Navigation: NUPortal > Financials tab > System Login > Cognos. Cognos Connection > Project Cafe Reports > School or Central > Supply Chain > SC020 Delivery Report.
- Under Ship To column, in the Keywords field, search for Ship To codes used in your order. Note that Options are set to Starts with any of these keywords. Select another option to expand or restrict your search.
- From Results, click your Ship To, then click the Insert button to move the Ship To into Choices.
- Click Finish to start report.