Cancel Receipts Using Add/Update Receipts
A receipt cannot be canceled if it has already been matched to a voucher and purchase order.
Receipts can be canceled from Add/Update Receipts or Manage Requisition. These steps focus on the Add/Update Receipts page.
Why do you cancel a receipt?
Reasons for canceling a receipt include:
- You entered a receipt in error.
- You need to cancel a receipt as part of a change request or rolled purchase order.
What information do you need to cancel a receipt?
- You need the Purchase Order ID number, beginning PUR.
- If you do not have access to the Purchase Order ID, you can look it up using your Requester NetID in Manage Requisitions or Lifecycle Viewer.
Cancel a receipt
Navigation: NUFinancials > Purchasing > Receipts > Add/Update Receipts.
- Click Find an Existing Value tab.
- In PO Number, enter the purchase order ID number.
- (Alternatively, in Receipt Number, enter the Receipt ID. Or, to cancel a receipt you just entered, in Receipt Date, select the date from the calendar.)
(A page containing the receipt appears. If you have multiple search results; however, click the Receipt Number or PO Number of the receipt you want to cancel.)
- Click the red X to cancel the receipt:
- To cancel the entire receipt, click the red X at the top of the page.
- Alternatively, to cancel an individual line of the receipt, click the red X to the far right of the line.
- A message prompt appears. Click Yes.
- Click Save.
A receipt ID is created. After the cancellation, the Receipt Status at the top of the page now reads:
- Canceled: for any receipt with all lines canceled.
- Fully Received: for any receipt with a remaining line that was not canceled, the Receipt Status remains Fully Received.