Cancel a Receipt for a Changed or Rolled Purchase Order
You can use this procedure to cancel receipts for purchase orders undergoing a change request or a roll to the next fiscal year.
Depending on the situation, you may need to cancel an individual receipt line or the entire receipt prior to a PO change. (You can cancel individual receipt lines using Add/Update Receipts. Manage Requisitions cancels the entire receipt.)
A receipt can only be canceled if matching has not taken place. If matching has already processed, you will not be able to cancel the receipt because a payment is underway.
- Navigate to NUFinancials > Purchasing > Receipts > Add/Update Receipt
- Select Find an Existing Value tab.
- Using the Purchase Order field, enter the PO number for the receipt you need to cancel, beginning PUR.
- Click Search.
- If you searched using a complete PO number, a new page containing the receipt appears. If you obtain multiple search results; however, click the Receipt Number to navigate to the receipt you need to cancel.
Cancel receipt or receipt lines
- Click X to cancel:
- Option 1: To cancel entire receipt, click the uppermost X next to Receipt Status.
- Option 2: To cancel an individual line item within a receipt, click the X next to the line.
- Click Yes to the message prompt.
- Click Save. (The Receipt Status changes to Canceled if the entire receipt was canceled, or Fully Received if any lines remain received. The status applies to the receipt, not the purchase order.)