Add New Vendor Supplier
The vendor classification supplier is used for corporations, partnerships, companies and LLCs.
- W-9 or W-8 (send to vendor for completion)
- COI (Conflict of Interest, completed by department submitting)
Navigation: NUPortal > Financial > Purchasing or Payment tab > Vendor Add/Maintenance > Vendor Request Center
Alternate Navigation: NUFinancials > Vendors > Vendor Information > Add/Update > Vendor Request Center
After performing a vendor search and clicking Add Vendor
Step 1 Select Classification/Vendor Type:
- Select Supplier
- Click Next
Step 2 Enter vendor information, payment information and add attachments:
- Vendor Name - found on W-9 or W-8
- Tax ID Number found on W-9 or W-8
- Required Attachments W-9 or W-8, COI, Additional Documentation (optional) You can still save the request if attachments are not ready to upload.
- Click the Paperclip icon
- Click Browse, locate the file on your computer and click Open
- Click Upload
- To remove, click the Trash Can icon
- To view click the Paper icon
- Description of Purchase or Payment - describe the purpose of the purchase or payment
- Click Next
Step 3 Enter complete address, PO Dispatch Method information, and Payment Method Option email address
- Address information as applicable
- Order Address identifies where purchase orders should be sent
- Same as Order vendor uses same address for order and remit
- Remit Address identifies where payments should be sent
- Foreign addresses; click the magnifying glass in the Country field and select a country from the list. The address fields will update appropriately for the country selected.
- PO Dispatch Method required; also enter corresponding email address or fax number
- Payment Method Option required; email address for vendor remit contact (billing, Accounts Receivable, etc). NU will email a choice of payment methods to this contact.
- Click Next
Step 4 Provide any other comments, verify user details, and save or save and submit your request:
- Optionally, enter Additional Comments for approval justification to Vendor File Management
- Optionally, enter or look up the CC Net ID of another NUFinancials user you would copied on this request
- Click Save (for later) or Save & Submit (to Vendor File Management for approval)
- A confirmation page appears:
- Note your Vendor Request Number which can be used as a reference to check status or when contacting Vendor File Management with questions.
- You will receive an email notification if your Vendor Request has been
- Successfully saved and submitted
- Sent back and requires your attention
- Approved and the vendor is ready for use