Proxy Access for Employee Expense Reports
- Proxy Access allows you to enter, view, and modify Expense Reports, Travel Authorizations, and Advances on behalf of another employee.
- It needs to be set up once per employee for whom you wish to be proxy.
- Note that temporary employees (except in the Traffic Institute) cannot submit electronic expense reports and must be reimbursed using a Visitors Expense Report.
Step 1: Add your self as proxy for another employee
Navigation: NUPortal > Financial > Payments > Expense Reports > Set up Proxy Access to Enter Expenses for Someone Else
- Alternate Navigation: NUFinancials > Travel and Expenses > Manage Expenses Security > Authorize Expense Users
- Next to Search by, click the drop-down menu and select Last Name, or Name (last name, first).
- Next to begins with, enter the employee's name you wish to be proxy for.
- Click Search.
- If you've entered a common name, you'll have to select the employee's Last Name from the list of results.
- If you are unsure of whom to select, ask the employee what their ID number or address is.
- If your search result is only one employee, you will not have to select them; you will automatically go to the next screen.
To add yourself as a proxy for this person, you need to first insert a new row under that persons name.
- Click + (plus) to insert a new row.
- Enter your NetID in all CAPS on the new row.
- Click Save.
- Click OK to the confirmation message.
- The updated list of proxies for this person displays, with your credentials added.
- If you ever need to remove a name, click the - (minus) on that row.
Step 2: Create an expense report as proxy for another employee
Navigation: NUPortal > Financial > Payments > Expense Reports > Create a new Expense Report
- Alternate Navigation: NUFinancials > Employee Self Service > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Report > Create
- With Proxy Access, you begin on this page, selecting whom the expense report is for.
- Initially, your Employee ID appears
1. Click the magnifying glass to lookup the list of employees you are proxy for.
A pop-up window opens.
2. Select the Employee ID of the person you wish to enter for.
That Empl ID replaces yours (on the main screen).
3. Click Add.
A new Expense Report will appear for the selected employee.