Approval Process: PO Change Request
- This guide walks through the PO Change Request Approval Process. When a PO Change Request is created, it routes to Procurement and Payment Services (PPS) first, for review.
- If the change does not affect the budget (ex: description, category, ship to), PPS will approve the request and the change will be made without further department approvals.
- If the change does affect the budget (ex: chartstring, increased amount or quantity), PPS will route the change request through workflow before processing.
Step 1: Retrieve the Change Order
- Navigate to Approval Inbox on the NUPortal
- Click the underlined number next to PO Change Order.
- Click the PO Change ID number to review for approval.
Step 2: Review PO Change Order reason and lines
- Review the Reason for Change; this should indicate the line number that was changed.
- Click Next.
Step 3: Approve, Send Back, or Hold
- Requested Changes are listed on the right. Compare these to the original values on the left. Click through the lines as needed.
- Approval Options:
A. Click Approve if you agree with the submitted changes.
B. Click Send Back to deny and enter Comments. Requestor is notified via email.
C. Holding is not advised.
What Happens Next?
The workflow Approval Status page appears displaying your action and showing any additional approvals needed.
- Once you approve, the PO Change Request will route to other applicable workflow approvers.
- The change request typically follows the workflow path of the original requisition.
- Additional approvals may be needed based on the requested changes.
- When the change request is fully approved, the requested changes are automatically applied to the Purchase Order.
Click Return to go back to your approval inbox.