General Navigation in NUFinancials
The purpose of this guide is to explain the general layout of the NUFinancials pages and provide explanations of commonly used navigational buttons and links.
After completing this guide, you will be able to:
- Access NUFinancials
- Recognize navigational elements
- Use common buttons or icons
- Sign out of NUFinancials
How do I sign in to NUFinancials?
- Menu items are specific to each persons individual security access profile.
- Some images will show menu items that individuals may or may not have access to view.
Using the Main Menu
- Use the Main Menu to open menus, folders, and pages.
- In the example below, the Accounts Payable menu is expanded, showing the folders beneath it.
- Pages are stored in each folder.
- Menus cascade down and to the right.
Navigating through menus, folders, and pages
- In the example below, the Accounts Payable folder is open.
- Pages and subfolders are stored in each folder.
Other Navigational Elements
- Page tabs, Links, and Breadcrumbs provide additional navigation.
- Tabs appear near the top of the page and links appear near the bottom of the page.
- The page tabs and links provide the same options.
- Breadcrumbs display the navigation path used.
- Click anywhere in the path to return to that part of the menu.
Common page features
- Many pages use features such as drop-down menus and icons to indicate additional actions/selections available.
- Utilize these features to select or perform actions.
Floating Look Up Windows
- Hover over the same page instead of opening a new window or tab.
- Search displays the total number of available results when more than the maximum of 300 is returned.
Using the Favorites Menu
- Recently Used displays the last 5 pages accessed.
- My Favorites allows you to save pages for quick access.
- Click on a page name to access that page.
Recent Search Results
- Your 5 most Recent Search Results can be accessed from the Favorites menu or breadcrumb navigation .
- Only search results from Find an Existing Value search pages will appear.
- Searches within a page (e.g. Vendor Look Up in an Online Voucher) will not be displayed in Recent Search Results.
- Click the desired link to navigate to that results page.
- Search Results are temporarily stored during your current session.
- Search results are not saved when you log off, your session expires, or you close your browser.
- Search Again will return you to the Search page your results came from.
- Common Icons appearing in the upper right corner of the window:
- After 60 minutes of inactivity you will be automatically signed out of NUFinancials: