Create Requisition for Pre-Payment Using Hold PO
This job aid describes how to make pre-payments to vendors and how to hold a check for pick up at Accounts Payable.
Use this procedure to:
1. Create multiple lines for pre-payment and estimated remaining balance amounts
- Line 1 is for pre-payment amount. Note: This amount may match a deposit, down payment, or invoice from vendor.
- Line 2 is for the estimated remaining balance.
2. Submit Hold Check pink form to Accounts Payable
- The hold check form is currently available in hard-copy, known as the pink form.
- Attach pink form to invoice and send to Accounts Payable.
- Contact Accounts Payable for this form.
- Without this form, Accounts Payable will not know to hold the check for you to pick up or to be mailed with attachments.
3. Submit PO Change Request (As Needed)
- Submit a PO Change Request If you encounter a match exception while checking the progress of your requisition; you may find you need to increase the purchase order amount to match the invoice/voucher.