Create a Catalog Requistion from a Shopper's Assigned Cart
As a Requester, you complete purchase requests on behalf of Shoppers for items from iBuyNU:
How do you know when a Shopper assigns a cart to you?
What is iBuyNU?
What are the two types of requisitions?
What is Requester access to iBuyNU?
Where to get help?
Access iBuyNU from NUFinancials
- Navigation: NUPortal > Financial > Purchasing tab > Catalog Requisition in NUFinancials
- or NUFinancials eProcurement > Create Requisition > 2. Add Items and Services
- Click 2. Add Items and Services.
- Note: For catalog requisitions, do not enter any data in 1. Define Requisition.
- The cart name in iBuyNU will carry over to the Requisition Name field in this section, after you create and submit the catalog requisition.
Access iBuyNU from NUFinancials, continued
- Click the Catalog tab > iBuyNU link. (You are transferred to iBuyNU.)
Access assigned carts
- Click Action Items from the top banner.
- Click Carts Assigned To Me. (View Draft Shopping Carts appears.)
- Alternatively, from the side banner, you can click Shop/Carts menu > My Carts and Orders > View Draft Shopping Carts
Access draft carts
- In the Drafts Assigned To Me section, locate and click the Shopping Cart Name of the Shoppers assigned cart.
- You'll recognize the Shopping Cart Name based on the cart name contained in the email notification.
- The selected cart opens as your active cart.
- In accordance with your departmental policies, you may or may not wish to rename the Shoppers cart.
- Name this cart: becomes the requisition name in NUFinancials upon checkout.
- Click Update to save any change you make. There are two Update buttons.
6. Click Checkout. (Cart is transferred to NUFinancials.)
Complete the requisition in NUFinancials
- The cart is transferred to NUFinancials.
- The cart name is carried over from iBuyNU into the Requisition Name in NUFinancials. The name is automatically capitalized.
- Item(s) from the iBuyNU cart become line item(s) under Requisition Lines.
- You may not edit any of the items once the cart is transferred to NUFinancials. However, line items may be deleted.
- Do not add non-catalog items to a catalog requisition. They are incompatible with catalog items and will cause processing delays.
Enter Ship To
- Click the triangle to expand the hidden section next to the line item. (The Ship To and Chartfield entry fields are now visible under the line item, shown highlighted below.)
- Enter the Ship To: code, or click the magnifying glass to look it up.
- If you know the Ship To code (an alpha-numerical sequence), you can type the beginning portion of the code, and then click the look up button (magnifying glass) to obtain your search results.
- In Description, type the name of your department. (You can also click the begins with drop-down arrow to change the search logic to contains, a less restrictive way to search.)
- Click Look Up. (Search results display.)
- Click either of the links for the Ship to Location or Description. (The Ship To: field populates with the Ship to location/code.)
- However, if your search results contain more than one Ship To location, you should choose the one that indicates the drop-off point for the shipment.
- Ask your manager for a complete list of Ship To locations used by your department.
- Important note: For all catalog requisitions, there is a one-to-one ratio of Ship To location per each unique vendor/suppliers.
- When you have multiple line items from the same vendor, you must enter the same Ship To location for each line item. (The catalog requisition shown in this guide has only one line item.)
- Create a separate catalog requisition where you have more than one Ship To for items from the same vendor.
Verify or enter Attention To
- Verify the default entry in Attention To, which populates in this expanded section with your profile name.
- If necessary, enter a different person or location/room in Attention To.
- This field further specifies your Ship To location, and can be an important and required part of getting the shipment to you.
- Check with your department for this information.
Enter chart string
- In Fund, type the Fund code.
- In Dept, type the Department code.
- Click or drag the horizontal scrollbar to view Account. Or, you can press <TAB> on your keyboard until your cursor is in Account.
- In Account, type the account code. Or, click the magnifying glass to perform a look up based on the description of the item.
- For each additional line item, you can expand the hidden section using the triangle next to each line item and enter the chart string as shown above.
- After you have entered the chart string for the line item, click the triangle to collapse the hidden section containing the chart field entry.
- Fund, Dept, and Account are required are required for all chart strings.
- Click or drag the vertical scrollbar to view Check Budget, which is located toward the bottom of the screen.
- Click Check Budget. (A message appears.)
- Click OK. (NUFinancials runs the Budget Check process. The Processing icon appears for the duration of the Budget Check.)
The Budget Check process:
- Checks for budget associated with entered chart strings.
- Ensures that any spending controls associated with the chart strings do not prevent payment of the expense (total charge).
- Encumbers or earmarks the expense for later payment from budgetary funds.
- Creates the requisition in NUFinancials and associates it with a Requisition ID beginning with REQ.
- When the process is finished, a Budget Checking Status appears.
- Valid, in green indicates that there are sufficient funds to cover the purchase.
- Other budget checking statuses besides Valid include Warning and Error, which appear in red.
- Warning does not prevent you from submitting the requisition; only Error prevents you from submitting the requisition.
- To learn more about Budget Checking Status, you can click the status to open a message about it.
Save and submit
- Click Save & Submit. (A Confirmation message appears, and the requisition is saved and submitted to workflow.)
- The Confirmation indicates the requisition is submitted to workflow.
- You can view the Requisition ID and Requisition Approval path:
- The requisition is in Pending status at the time you submit it. It is pending approval from the first approver in the path.
- The Requisition ID number is not the Purchase Order ID number. The Requisition ID should not be given to vendors.
- When you have finished your NUFinancials session, click Sign Out in upper right of your screen to log out.
- Check your email periodically throughout the day for automatic notifications when a cart is assigned to you.
- Create and submit requisitions when notifications are received to take advantage of the systems automatic processing which makes it possible for purchase orders to go out the same day.
- Always read the automatic email notification you receive when a Shopper assigns a cart to you.
- Email notifications are the only system-provided mechanism the Shopper has to communicate with you, including important information about chart strings, urgency of the order, ship-to locations, etc.
An example email is shown below:
- Subject: A shopping cart has been assigned to you.
- Cart Name: includes the name of the cart as given by the Shopper in iBuyNU.
- Identification: Shopper's name and email
- Comments: If any, comments are pulled from the Notes field used by the Shopper in iBuyNU. Comments are optional for the Shopper when assigning the cart.
How to consolidate multiple carts assigned to you
- If you make the following changes to a Shoppers assigned cart, the Shopper will lose the ability to track the cart in iBuyNU:
- You may consolidate carts from multiple shoppers who have assigned carts to you.
- Create a new cart:
- Go to Shop/Home > My Carts and Orders > View Draft Shopping Cart.
- Click Create Cart.
- Rename the cart and update.
- Retrieve cart(s) to be consolidated with your new cart.
- In Drafts Assigned To Me, click the cart name to open the cart. Locate the items you wish to move into your cart.
- In the In More Actions drop-down menu for each item, select Move to another cart.
- From the pop-up that appears, select Move to new cart.
- Delete a cart assigned to you.
- In Drafts Assigned to Me, locate the cart you have emptied and then click Delete.
- Contact the Shopper to communicate that the cart was consolidated and is no longer available in iBuyNU.
- When all carts are consolidated, retrieve new cart by clicking new cart name in View Draft Shopping Carts > My Drafts and proceed to Checkout.