Shopping Cart Naming Conventions
Below are suggested guidelines for naming shopping carts in iBuyNU:
- Schools/departments may modify these guidelines as necessary to support their business practices.
- Use first initial, last name, and date (MM-DD-YY) cart was created: "clacy 07-23-15"
- If you create more than one cart in a day, use first initial, last name, date cart was created, and another unique identifier such as number or letter.
- The examples bewlo should be the basic naming convention for shopping from several different suppliers and adding to one cart.
- For example, if using numbers:
- Cart #2 of the day would be: "clacy 07-23-15 2"
- Cart #3 of the day would be: "clacy 07-23-15 3"
- Cart #4 of the day would be: "clacy 07-23-15 4"
- For example, if using letters:
- Cart #2 of the day would be: "clacy 07-23-15 A"
- Cart #3 of the day would be: "clacy 07-23-15 B"
- Cart #4 of the day would be: "clacy 07-23-15 C'
Other possible ways to name a cart are add item description to cart name (if one item is in the cart), add vendor name (if ordering from one supplier), add lab / person / department you are ordering for, etc.
- For example:
- Cart name with item description: "clacy 07-23-15 computer"
- Cart name with vendor: "clacy 07-23-15 CDW"
- Cart name with lab: "clacy 07-23-15 MacIver"
- Cart name with person ordering for: "clacy 07-23-15 Konrad"
- Cart name with department ordering for: "clacy 07-23-15 purchasing"
- When a cart is assigned to a Requester, the cart name is transferred to NUFinancials as the requisition name.
- It is recommended that Shoppers & Requesters within the same department use the same naming conventions.