SC032 Workflow Metrics Report
The SC032 Workflow Metrics Report is used to review the total number of submitted and approved transactions along with the average approval time for Expense Reports, Requisitions, and Online Vouchers.
Cognos Navigation: Finance Facilities and Research Administration > School > Supply Chain
- Date Options (required):
- From Yesterday to Today
- For the Last 7 Days
- User Defined Date Range (Submission From and To dates after 10/30/14)
- Department Search & Select
- Submitter - This is the person who submitted the transaction into workflow. It can be different from the person who created the transaction.
- Search by:
- Net ID
- Name - Click Options, select Contains any of these keywords
- Select by clicking one name (one name must be selected/highlighted from the results)
- Search by:
Interpreting the results
The prompts filtering the report are cumulative; if the selected Submitter does not have any transactions for the Department selected, there will be no results.
A. Transaction Type
- All (Total of all Expense Reports, Requisitions, and Online Vouchers)
- Expense Reports (includes reimbursement, reconciling advances, and My Wallet reconciliation)
- Online Vouchers
B. Number Submitted - by Transaction Type; the total number of transactions submitted and fully approved within the given date range when the report is run.
- For example, Expense Reports and Online Vouchers that are paid and Requisitions that have been fully approved with POs dispatched.
- To further clarify, running a report today for the date range 1/1/2016 – 1/15/2016, would not include a transaction that was submitted on 1/15/2016 and paid on 1/20/2016.
- Similarly, a transaction that was submitted on 1/10/2016 and is still in workflow would not appear on the report.
- Also, a transaction submitted on 12/27/15 and paid on 1/5/16 would not appear on the report because the submitted date falls outside of the date range for which the report was run.
C. Mean Aging - the average number of days transactions took to be fully approved.
D. Transactions - each of the columns to the right of Mean Aging are the approval levels that the transactions could go through, with the total number of transactions that went through these levels.
- A transaction may not go through all of the approval levels listed.
- For Expense Reports and Online Vouchers, the final level of approval is Accounts Payable.
Days - the average number of days it took to approve a transaction at that level.
- If a transaction were to be submitted and fully approved within the same day, it would count as 1 day within each approval level.
E. Detail Drill - in HTML, links to the SC033 Workflow Metrics Detail Report which gives high-level details about the transactions that make up the counts for each transaction type.
- The intent is to let you identify specific transactions for your own deeper research.
- It is not meant to be comprehensive; giving only basic header information.
- Each drill opens in a new tab.