Using My Activities and Schedules
Cognos BI enables you to manage the reports you have scheduled and gives you visibility into past, current, and upcoming activities. That is, you can see the results of every report you scheduled in the past, the status of each report currently in progress, and the extent of your scheduling into the future.
- Navigate to My Activities and Schedules.
- Use the features of My Schedules to:
- Disable a scheduled report.
- Reenable a scheduled report.
- Run a scheduled report now.
- View a run history.
- Change the schedule.
- Remove the schedule.
- Edit properties.
- View Current Activities.
- View Past Activities.
- View Upcoming Activities.
Navigate to My Activities and Schedules
Begin in Cognos BI with My Folders on display.
- Click the My Area Options icon, the blue icon that looks like a little person.
- Click My Activities and Schedules. Result: the Current Activities page appears.
- Click Schedules. Result the Schedules page appears.
Use the features of My Schedules (for example, to disable a scheduled report)
The Schedules page shows all reports that you have scheduled and enables you to manage them. A convenience is the ability to "disable" a report, to prevent the report from being run and distributed to the recipients you named in the schedule, which is helpful when colleagues go on leave or otherwise prefer not to receive the report temporarily.
- Click the Actions icon, the blue triangle to the right of the report name. (All selections in the Actions menu are defined below.)
- Select Disable the schedule. Result: the bar chart shows the number of reports disabled versus enabled. Disabled reports will not be distributed in the future.
View Current Activities
Current Activities shows reports that are currently running now. In the Filter dialog, click Apply to see reports in Pending, Excuting, Wating, and/or Suspended status. Optionally, change the Status or Priority filters and then click Apply. Among the results, you may cancel the report or view run details.
View Past Activities
Past Activities shows reports that have already run. By default, the page displays results in the last four hours only. In the Filter dialog, select a period of time, a status, and click Apply to see history. Statuses are Succeeded, Failed, Cancelled, and Any. Results display status in aggregate and per report. Among the results, you may run any report again or change an aspect of the schedule.
View Upcoming Activities
Upcoming Activities shows scheduled reports prepared to run today or in the future. The default is today. Use the arrow icons to advance one day at a time, or use the Filter dialog to specify a date and click Apply. Among the results, you may run any report now or change an aspect of the schedule.