FAMIS Web Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to help you use the FAMIS Web for service requests.
Try to complete the page from top to bottom, left to right for the best results in auto-populating of fields.
- You are faster than FAMIS Web, pause to allow it to auto-populate/suggest for fields.
- Use the wildcard % to in a field to see what the choices are to select from!
- Don't skip Priority!
- Always check auto-populated fields.
- Press Tab to leave a field and allow auto-population of associated fields.
- Press Tab, Tab, Enter to start a new Service request.
- Click Service Request Entry to abandon current service request entry and start over.
Create a Service Request
The fields have an "*" next to them on the page.
Schedule a Work Order
These fields will also be bold on the page.
All of the above, plus...
Dispatch a Work Order
All of the above, plus
- Most fields require just 1 letter before the Type-Ahead will appear.
- Requestor and Building require 3 letters.
- Use the wildcard "%" to in a field to see what the choices are to select from.
- Requestor and Building require "%%%"
- The Requestor Name field allows you to search more than one field. Try using NetID, Last Name or Phone Number (or just last 4 digits).
- For example: 'mcj368'; 'Jablonski'; '0135'
- The Building field also allows you to search on more than one field. Try using Building Number or Name
- For example: '8602'; 'Abbott'; 'staiger'
- Only certain Maintenance Types are available for each Crew.
- For example, GENERATOR is available for CHELEC, but is not available for CHCARP.
- Similarly, only certain Outage Classes are available for each Maintenance Type.
- For example, NO POWER is available for GENERATOR but is not available for ENERGY.
Editing a SR
- If you change Building, Crew or Billing Type you may need to re-enter all billing information.
- If you change any other field (Maintenance Type, Outage Class, add information to Work Plan, etc.) you do NOT need to enter any billing information. In these cases, once you click Submit, the SR/WO will retain its original billing information.
- If you need to change the Request Type, but want to keep your entry in the Description field, follow these steps:
- copy (Ctrl + C or right click, select Copy),
- change the Request Type (which empties the Description field),
- paste (Ctrl + V or right click, select Paste)