Research Northwestern's Travel, Entertainment & Courtesy Policy to answer the following questions.
- Key terms to look for are in italics.
1. When should an expense report be submitted?
2. Are receipts required for expenses under $40.00?
3. What is the recommended maximum for dinner for faculty and staff?
4. Who should pay for registration and conference fees?
5. What expenses are authorized for charging directly to chart strings?
6. What documentation is required for foreign currency transactions?
7. What is per diem used for?
8. What tax is not reimbursable?
9. Is alcohol a reimbursable expense on sponsored projects?
- Using sponsored funds (grants) for travel? Be sure to watch this video: Introduction to Travel Expenses for Sponsored Projects.