Resolved issues are shown below current issue list: resolved issues.
ISSUE: iBuyNU cannot be accessed when connected to the Northwestern network via a wireless connection.
AFFECTED PROCESS: iBuyNU
EXPECTED RESOLUTION: Telecommunications and Network Services is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
- Connect to iBuyNU via a wired Northwestern network connection.
- Shoppers may also access iBuyNU using mobile device if they are not signed on to the Northwestern network via a wireless connection.
ISSUE: iBuyNU or a punchout supplier fails to load (nothing happens when you click the link)
AFFECTED PROCESS/AUDIENCE: iBuyNU/NUFinancials
EXPECTED RESOLUTION TIMEFRAME: Use workaround
- If iBuyNU or a supplier punch-out site fails to load, it may be because of your browser.
- By default, "mixed content" (secure and non-secure content) is blocked in Internet Explorer (version 10 or later), Mozilla Firefox (version 23 or later) and Google Chrome (version 21 or later).
- When mixed content is blocked, you may see a blank page or a message saying that "Only secure content is displayed."
- To enable a browser to view blocked mixed content, follow the relevant instructions below.
To view mixed content in Internet Explorer:
1. Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and click Show All Content.
2. The page will refresh and display any mixed content.
To view mixed content in Chrome:
1. Click the gray shield icon on the right side of the address bar.
2. In the icon dialog box, click Load unsafe scripts.
3. The page will refresh.
4. Retry access to iBuyNU.
To view mixed content in Firefox:
1. At the top of the page, to the left of the address bar, click the small gray and white shield icon.
2. In the pop-up window that appears, click the down arrow next to "Options", and select Disable Protection for Now.
3. The page will refresh
4. Retry access to iBuyNU
ISSUE: Users are intermittently unable get to the iBuyNU site from the NUFinancials Requisition page
AFFECTED PROCESS: Catalog Requisition - iBuyNU
EXPECTED RESOLUTION TIMEFRAME: TBD
- Click the ‘OK’ button to close the message pop-up
- Click the iBuyNU link again (multiple attempts may be required) or try again later.
COMMENTS: This is a network connectivity issue. FFRA, Telecommunications and Network Services (TNS) and the iBuyNU application vendor are working to resolve the issue.
Users may see one of the following messages when attempting to access iBuyNU:
ISSUE: Some people are unable to access some suppliers in iBuyNU via NUFinancials
AFFECTED PROCESS/AUDIENCE: Shoppers and Requesters in iBuyNU/NUFinancials using Firefox 23 or Chrome 30 (see list of affected suppliers below)
EXPECTED RESOLUTION TIMEFRAME: User determined
- If iBuyNU or a supplier site fails to load, it may be because of your browser.
- You may see nothing, or you may see the message "Redirecting to supplier. Please wait."
- Firefox 23 and Chrome 30 both block non-secure content on a secure page, resulting in a blank page.
- Attempt to access iBuyNU your usual way (this will vary based on your role in the system).
- A grey shield will appear to the left of the address bar at the top of the page.
- Click the shield and select "Disable Protection on This Page" from the drop down menu.
- The page should now load properly.
Firefox 23 includes a security block for mixed content (secure and non-secure items on the same page, which happens with iBuyNU and other sites).
To access iBuyNU using Firefox 23:
1. Chrome will also display a shield in the address bar, but to the right instead of the left.
2. To allow the page to show all content you need to click the shield.
3. You will see a dialogue box like the one below:
4. Click Load unsafe script to refresh the page. The page content should now be visible.
ISSUE: Some Requesters are unable to view iBuyNU link under Catalog tab in Create Requisition
AFFECTED PROCESS/AUDIENCE: Requester profile is missing a Location Code (required field)
EXPECTED RESOLUTION TIMEFRAME: 24 hours once Requester provides preferred Ship To Code
WORKAROUND (IF ANY): None
COMMENTS: Requester must provide Support Center with preferred Ship To Code. Once the profile has been updated with this information the iBuyNU link can be made available.
ISSUE: iBuyNU scheduled maintenance July 29 at 9pm EDT until July 31 at 12pm EDT
AFFECTED PROCESS: iBuyNU
EXPECTED RESOLUTION: July 31 at 12pm EDT
COMMENTS: iBuyNU will be undergoing scheduled maintenance by SciQuest.
ISSUE: iBuyNU is currently unavailable due to system issues being experienced by SciQuest, iBuyNU's parent company.
AFFECTED PROCESS/AUDIENCE: iBuyNU Shoppers and Requesters.
EXPECTED RESOLUTION: SciQuest is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
ISSUE: iBuyNU will be available to SHOPPERS ONLY on Saturday, Dec. 19 from 6am - 1pm.
AFFECTED SYSTEM/AUDIENCE: IBuyNU Requesters
EXPECTED RESOLUTION TIME: Resolved
- Database maintenance will take a large number of systems offline during this time period.
- Shoppers will be able to fill carts and assign them to Requesters, but Requesters will be unable to retrieve them until the maintenance is complete (scheduled for 3pm).
ISSUE: iBuyNU Unavailable 11/13–11/15
AFFECTED PROCESS/AUDIENCE: iBuyNU
ESTIMATED RESOLUTION TIMEFRAME: 11a Sunday, Nov. 15
COMMENTS: iBuyNU will be down for scheduled maintenance from 8p on Friday, November 13 until 11a on Sunday, November 15.
ISSUE: iBuyNU Shoppers unable to log in
AFFECTED PROCESS/AUDIENCE: iBuyNU Shoppers
EXPECTED RESOLUTION TIMEFRAME: Resolved
COMMENTS: We are aware of an issue that affects Shoppers logging in via the NUPortal and are working on a solution.
Call 847-491-HELP (847-491-4357) option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.