Resolved issues are shown below current issue list: resolved issues.
ISSUE: FAMIS does not load and displays a server error
AFFECTED AUDIENCE: FAMIS users running Chrome browser
EXPECTED RESOLUTION TIMEFRAME: Please use workaround
WORKAROUND: Please use Firefox with workaround (contact NUIT Support Center: firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-491-HELP , option 2) or Internet Explorer browsers (Supported Browsers)
- Google Chrome no longer supports a critical component used by FAMIS and other applications.
- Full explanation: Google Chrome has stopped supporting NPAPI
ISSUE: FAMIS Admin requires additional configuration to work with the browser Firefox 37.
AFFECTED PROCESS: FAMIS Admin with Firefox 37
EXPECTED RESOLUTION: Use workaround
WORKAROUND: Contact NUIT Support Center (email@example.com or 847-491-HELP , option 2) or use a different browser, such as Internet Explorer, or Safari (Mac).
ISSUE: Please re-run Cognos BI InfoEd and FAMIS reports run or scheduled before 9:30am today (5/6)
AFFECTED REPORTS: Cognos BI InfoEd Reports (InfoEd Report Inventory) and FAMIS Reports (Facilities Management Report Catalog)
EXPECTED RESOLUTION: Resolved 9:30a 5/6/2016
COMMENTS: The InfoEd and FAMIS ETL process was delayed by a server issue. The process completed at 10:30a this morning. Reports scheduled before that time should be re-run to ensure accurate information.
ISSUE: FAMIS and associated reporting will be unavailable on Saturday, Dec. 19 from 6am - 1pm.
AFFECTED SYSTEM/AUDIENCE: FAMIS (FAMIS Admin, FAMIS Self Service, FAMIS Web, and FAMIS Mobile), and Cognos BI
EXPECTED RESOLUTION TIME: Resolved
COMMENTS: Database maintenance will take a large number of systems offline during this time period.
ISSUE: FAMIS will be unavailable Saturday, 10/3, from 9-10am for scheduled maintenance
AFFECTED PROCESS: FAMIS (FAMIS Admin, FAMIS Self Service, FAMIS Web, and FAMIS Mobile)
EXPECTED RESOLUTION TIMEFRAME: 10am on 10/3
- If you are working in FAMIS when maintenance begins, you will be automatically logged out and will receive an error message.
- FAMIS Admin users: Please clear your Java cache when signing back into the application after the outage to avoid multiple security prompts and possible errors.
Clearing Java Cache
- Open Control Panel under the “Start” menu and click the Java icon to open it.
- Click “Settings...” under Temporary Internet Files on the General tab.
- Click “Delete Files....”.
- The Delete Temporary Files window appears. Check both “Trace and Log files” and “Cached Applications and Applets.” Click OK.
- Once the window disappears, click OK again.
- Click OK again to close the Java Control Panel window.
ISSUE: Users are unable to access FFRA systems using the NUPortal
AFFECTED PROCESS/AUDIENCE: FFRA systems via the NUPortal
EXPECTED RESOLUTION: Resolved
WORKAROUND: Use the following page instead:
COMMENTS: Please note that the Financial Management Systems Gateway page is available from "Login" link in the top navigation of the FFRA website. There are also a direct link to the systems in the dropdown area of that navigation item.
ISSUE: FAMIS Application/FAMIS Forms is not compatible with Java 7
AFFECTED PROCESS/AUDIENCE: FAMIS Application/FAMIS Forms
EXPECTED RESOLUTION TIMEFRAME: REsolved
WORKAROUND (IF ANY): Disable Java auto-update or downgrade to Java 6
- If you are currently experiencing trouble accessing FAMIS Forms or FAMIS Self Service, please contact your local IT Department or the Cafe Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-HELP, option 2.
- Due to incompatibilities between Oracle Forms and Java 7, we are suggesting that all FAMIS users refrain from updating to Java 7.
- If you have not yet updated to Java 7, your IT Department may be able to disable the Java “auto-update" function.
- If you have already been updated to Java 7 or if you wish to prevent the auto-update, please consult your IT Department for the next steps.
- This is a known issue with Oracle: https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/bulletin_disable_jre_auto_update
- Please note that FAMIS Self Service is not affected
Call 847-491-HELP (847-491-4357) option 2 or email email@example.com.