Row Level Security Access
Using the General Security Access form
For the data that you need to see, make the corresponding selections below on the General Security Access form.
Will you be...authorized to see employee payroll data in NUFinancials and Cognos reports?
Select Add in SECTION D: ROW LEVEL SECURITY > SALARY ACCESS.
Will you be...authorized to see financial data?
Select Add and enter the values that best include the data to which you need access in SECTION D: ROW LEVEL SECURITY.
RLS works with the NU Department Tree. The logic of the tree is inclusive from the top down. Tree Nodes identify organizational units in the University. Examples:
- WCAS identifies Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences.
- FSM identifies Feinberg School of Medicine.
- TGS identifies The Graduate School.
If you specify a node on the tree, you gain access to all departments and projects below it. Likewise, if you specify a department, you also gain access to all projects below it. If necessary, you may list departments and projects separately. However, list projects separately only if departments already listed do not own the project. Likewise for departments and tree nodes above them.
Row Level Security Examples
1. Access to XYZ node and to all departments and projects within it.
2. Access to department 7777777 and all projects within it. DeptIDs are seven digits.
3. Access to project 88888888 only. Project IDs are eight digits.
4. Access to five departments and to all projects within them. Plus access to one additional project in another (unlisted) department.