What is NUPlans?
- NUPlans is specialized budget and planning software to replace the University's Excel-based annual budget preparation and forecasting process.
- NUPlans is a web-based tool built on a Cognos TM1 platform that will provide for better planning and analysis of budget data as well as security and workflow options.
- Northwestern uses two separate NUPlans systems: Budget and Forecasting.
When was it made available?
- The first phase of the project piloted NUPlans Budget with the Feinberg School of Medicine for FY2013 budget preparation in April 2012.
- The full implementation of NUPlans Budget for the rest of the University was released on April 16, 2013 for FY2014 budget preparation.
- NUPlans Forecasting, used for creating performance forecasts, was released in March 2014.
- Role-based security for access to different types of data
- Department and project level security for chart strings
- Detailed employee salary budgeting, including budgeting for new employees
- Fund budgeting combining revenue and expense chart strings in the same view
- Detailed account level budgeting of designated, endowment, and gift chart strings
- Budgeting of the use or buildup of carry forward balances
- Optional budgeting of grant expenses and the resulting ICR
- Budget versioning and built-in workflow for budget review and approval
- Support for multi-level forecasting at the account, chart string, and/or all funds levels
- Monthly data imports
- Additional modules support grant, salary, and tuition forecasting
NUPlans Budget and Forecasting system information and important updates
Where to log in, how to request access, and system roles
Information about courses with registration links
Where to get help, tips & tricks, supported browsers, and system status
For assistance, contact the IT Support Center at 847-491-4357 (1-HELP) option 2 or email email@example.com