NUFinancials Upgrade April 2012
Cafe has completed the technical upgrade of NUFinancials. This is the first phase of a two-part project. The second phase will occur in 2013.
We continue to investigate intermittent issues related to expense report printing and additional login requirements. When these issues are resolved we will update our NUFinancials Status page.
See below for login instructions.
Key Changes to NUFinancials
- New top row cascading menu structure (similar to FASIS)
- New pop-up field search (no need to leave the current page)
- New “Recently Used” items in Favorites menu
- The format of the Name field on the Group Meals (Last, First) will now be enforced. All information must be fully filled out for all attendees: Name, the company or organization the person is with, and their title.
- Online Voucher printing improvements:
- The window that opens with the printable page will now be a PDF instead of an html web page.
- Default orientation is now landscape (horizontal) instead of portrait (vertical)
Recorded Training Webinar
Webinars demonstrating the changes occurred on Friday, April 6 and Thursday, April 12.What's New: NUFinancials Upgrade (Adobe Connect Presentation)
For an overiew of what's new in NUFinancials, see NUFinancials Enhancements Spring 2012
- NUFinancials is available as of 7am on Monday, April 16.
- Before logging back in, please delete your browser's cache, including cookies.
- The system may initially be slow as your cache rebuilds.
- Some users may also need to clear their Java cache in order to use the NUPortal:
- If you have used a browser bookmark to access NUFinancials, please delete the bookmark and use the NUPortal, the Cafe Financial Applications Gateway page, or nufin.northwestern.edu
- Any bookmarks you had within NUFinancials should not be affected.
- According to Oracle, the following browsers are officially supported:
- Firefox 3.6 and 7 (other versions are not mentioned but we have not had reports of issues during testing)
- Internet Explorer 7, 8 and 9
- Safari 3, 4, 5
For technical assistance, contact our Help desk at 847-491-HELP (1-4357) option 2 or email email@example.com