Expense Report Electronic Approvals
Paperless Expense Reports Now Include New Electronic Supervisor and Employee Approval Steps
We've worked closely with Expense Report submitters and approvers, as well as our colleagues in Accounts Payable, Financial Operations, and Human Resources, to move toward paperless expense reports.
What Has Changed
Electronic approvals (instead of wet signatures) for employees and supervisors, along with the ability to scan in and submit documentation online and workflow tracking (shown below), bring us another step closer to paperless reimbursements.
- Printed and signed paper expense reports have been phased out of the employee reimbursement process in NUFinancials.
- New certification/approval step in NUFinancials acts as the electronic signature.
- Traveler's Expense Report Supervisor (or backup) also approves the expense report in NUFinancials.
- Individual schools and units may continue to follow internal processes.
- HR Tempoary/Part-Time employees may file electronically but the report will NOT go into electronic workflow. Instead, they will need to print-sign-scan-attach-resubmit.
New Employee Expense Report Electronic Approvals Sample Workflow (proxy enterer)
New Report: SC031 - Expense Report Approval Summary
In addition to providing a more streamlined reimbursement experience for users, the new electronic approval process will make it easier for schools and units to monitor approval policy compliance.
- To view paid employee expense reports (submitted on or after October 30, 2014), see the SC031 - Expense Report Approval Summary.
- This report includes relevant details about the expense report, including which supervisors it routed to and who applied the Supervisor approval.
- It does not display departmental chart string approvals for unpaid expense reports, which are visible in the SC026 - Expenses by Submission and Workflow Status.
Recorded Webinar: Expense Report Electronic Approvals (25 min)
New Training Materials:
Updated Training Materials: Employee Expense Reimbursement - Electronic Approvals
These items will NOT be updated:
If your unit has NOT enabled electronic approvals for expenses, please see these legacy training items:
- Entering an Expense Report
- Expenses Entry Quick Reference
- Managing Expense/Advances
- Applying an Advance
Accounts Payable's Guide to Expense Approval Roles and Responsibilities
Call 847-491-4357 (1-HELP) option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org